Marilee McInnis, a spokeswoman for Southwest Airlines, said the passenger was not seriously hurt and the Arizona bark scorpion and five of its babies were destroyed Sunday after Flight 2093 arrived at Indianapolis International Airport, the Indianapolis Star reported Monday.
Airport spokeswoman Susan Sullivan said Douglas Herbstsommer, 44, discovered the arachnids in his carry-on luggage and was stung by the adult about a half an hour before the plane landed. Herbstsommer was treated at the airport and did not require hospitalization.
McInnis said the jetliner was fumigated overnight to make sure there were no additional scorpions.
Couple mistakenly served bag of cash at McDonald's drive-thru
Exploding whale video goes viral on Internet