facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Puppy eats ABC magnets

May 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM   |   Comments

PLYMOUTH, England, May 9 (UPI) -- A puppy in England had to undergo emergency surgery after eating several alphabet fridge magnets.

Golden Labrador Jack was recovering from being neutered when his owner, Emma Keers, said she noticed that her pooch had eaten the magnets, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.

"After Jack's surgery, he was sleepy after the anesthetic so I put him in the kitchen to recover overnight," Keers said. "The next morning I noticed the whole alphabet was missing from the fridge though Jack wasn't showing any signs of being ill."

Veterinary surgeon Robert Newcombe said the puppy had to be operated on right away.

"The letters were well chewed and not easy to identify and as well as finding around 30 pieces of chewed plastic, he had eaten some white rubbery cloth," Newcombe said.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Porn star: Sex toy shot off sparks during scene Porn star: Sex toy shot off sparks during scene
2
Kansas dubs October 'Zombie Preparedness Month' Kansas dubs October 'Zombie Preparedness Month'
3
Japan police visit owners of upskirt camera shoes Japan police visit owners of upskirt camera shoes
4
Video: iPhone 6 Plus meets 50-caliber bullet in slo-motion Video: iPhone 6 Plus meets 50-caliber bullet in slo-motion
5
Plastic prophets: Barbies become religious icons Plastic prophets: Barbies become religious icons
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback