facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Snake store employee bitten by rattlesnake

Sept. 27, 2007 at 2:05 PM   |   Comments

DAVIE, Fla., Sept. 27 (UPI) -- A snake store employee in Davie, Fla., had to be taken to the hospital after being bitten by a poisonous western diamondback rattlesnake.

Tony Cruz, 37, was bitten on his left ring finger at Strictly Reptiles while he was cleaning the 2-1/2-foot-long snake's cage, said owner Mike Van Nostrand.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Special Operations Chief Al Cruz said the victim's hand was swollen by the time he reached Memorial Pembroke Hospital Wednesday, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Cruz said the man was treated with six vials of antivenin and would likely need up to 18 more vials to completely counteract the effects of the bite.

Topics: Tony Cruz
© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Kansas dubs October 'Zombie Preparedness Month' Kansas dubs October 'Zombie Preparedness Month'
2
Japan police visit owners of upskirt camera shoes Japan police visit owners of upskirt camera shoes
3
Porn star: Sex toy shot off sparks during scene Porn star: Sex toy shot off sparks during scene
4
Wisconsin man suffers 100 orgasms per day Wisconsin man suffers 100 orgasms per day
5
Video: iPhone 6 Plus meets 50-caliber bullet in slo-motion Video: iPhone 6 Plus meets 50-caliber bullet in slo-motion
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback