facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Second child in week dies from meatball

Dec. 10, 2005 at 5:27 PM   |   Comments

LONDON, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- For the second time in a week, a British child has died from choking on a meatball.

After Jake Wiseman choked on a meatball, staff at the Asquith Nursery Twickenham school in London tried to remove the food from his throat, but the child suffered prolonged cardiac arrest. He died three days later, the Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.

It was the second time within one week an inquest was held involving a child choking to death on a meatball, Westminster Coroner's Court was told.

Earlier in the week, an inquest was held into the death of 5-year-old Hannah Howes of Welwyn Garden City. She choked on a meatball as she rushed to finish dinner so she could play with friends at Holy Family Roman Catholic Primary School.

© 2005 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
'Stay of execution' for bird living in store 'Stay of execution' for bird living in store
2
Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban Scottish Grindr user employs hookup app to cheat strict U.K. exit polling ban
3
Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage Circuit breaker thief identified from CCTV footage
4
Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks Irish man called officer 'gay,' exposed buttocks
5
Unmentionable: Naked man got frisky with panties Unmentionable: Naked man got frisky with panties
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback