WILMINGTON, N.C., May 3 (UPI) -- A North Carolina man was considering his legal options Tuesday after biting down on part of a human finger in his frozen custard.
Clarence Stowers made the grisly fund Sunday night when he returned home with a pint of chocolate frozen custard from a Kohl's fast-food restaurant in Wilmington, N.C.
While there have been several hoaxes of a similar nature in the United States in the past few weeks, the owner of the restaurant, Craig Thomas acknowledged an employee did in fact lose part of his finger at work Sunday, WECT-TV, Wilmington, reported Tuesday.
Thomas said before any of the serving staff could be notified, the severed fingertip was packaged. He began trying to recover the flesh Monday, but doctors told the television station that once frozen, it could not be reattached.
Stowers, meanwhile, said he is seeking legal advice.