And that doesn't count the $12,900 the family also spent on lawyers and inspection fees, the Mirror reported Friday.
So far the builder, David Wilson Homes, has not rushed to make things right, the owners charged.
"Trying to get them to rectify problems is like banging your head against a brick wall," said Hazel McGuire.
A spokesman for David Wilson Homes responded, "We've been working to resolve problems."
The problems started shortly after the McGuires moved into their Ely home earlier this year.
"There were huge cracks on the walls, dollops of plaster on the floors and the roof wasn't fastened down properly," said McGuire. "The gas fire(place) was leaking fumes and there was a draught in the kids' rooms."
A professional inspection turned up 339 faults, or $1,630 per fault, despite the fact that the National House Building Council gave it a clean bill of health.
Senate Democrats to pull all-nighter on climate change
Interpol investigating stolen passports on missing flight