The U.S. Agriculture Department said in a release Saturday the beef from American Food Service in Pico Rivera may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
The USDA said the projects were produced Jan. 31 and bear the establishment number "EST. 1913" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The departments said there is a concern some product may be frozen and in restaurant freezers.
E. coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration and in the most severe cases, kidney failure.
Ground beef must be cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit to kill E. coli bacteria.
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]