facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

NBC cancels 'Ironside,' starring Blair Underwood

Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 18 (UPI) -- The U.S. drama "Ironside" and sitcom "Welcome to the Family" have been canceled weeks into their freshman seasons, NBC confirmed Friday.

The Hollywood Reporter said low ratings were to blame for the shows being axed.

NBC will air "Dateline" Wednesdays at 10 p.m. through November and December as well as a roster of upcoming holiday specials in place of "Ironside," which starred Blair Underwood.

Filling the void left by Mike O'Malley's "Welcome to the Family" on Thursday nights in the 8-9 p.m. time slot will first be back-to-back episodes of "Parks and Recreation," then a special edition of "The Voice," "Halloween specials" and "The Sound of Music Live," The Hollywood Reporter said.

The programs are the network's first cancellations of the 2013-14 season.

ABC recently announced it dumped its new show "Lucky 7," while CBS said last week it canceled its freshman sitcom "We Are Men."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Kendra Wilkinson to Hank Baskett: 'It's divorce time!' Kendra Wilkinson to Hank Baskett: 'It's divorce time!'
2
Renee Zellweger responds to criticism of her new look Renee Zellweger responds to criticism of her new look
3
Amber Rose declares her love for Wiz Khalifa Amber Rose declares her love for Wiz Khalifa
4
Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel settle lawsuit against Heat magazine Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel settle lawsuit against Heat magazine
5
Sarah Jessica Parker angers NYC residents with stoop photo shoot Sarah Jessica Parker angers NYC residents with stoop photo shoot
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback