UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

TV

'The Simpsons' to kill off a main character this season

  |
 
Matt Groening (C), the creator of the longest-running scripted show in television, poses with two characters from the animated series, Bart Simpson (L) and Homer Simpson (R), after he was honored with the 2,459th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame during an unveiling ceremony in Los Angeles on February 14, 2012. The 500th episode of the "The Simpsons'" will air in the U.S. on February 19th. UPI/Jim Ruymen
Matt Groening (C), the creator of the longest-running scripted show in television, poses with two characters from the animated series, Bart Simpson (L) and Homer Simpson (R), after he was honored with the 2,459th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame during an unveiling ceremony in Los Angeles on February 14, 2012. The 500th episode of the "The Simpsons'" will air in the U.S. on February 19th. UPI/Jim Ruymen 
License photo
Published: Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 2 (UPI) -- A main character is to be killed off on "The Simpsons" during its current 25th season, said Al Jean, the U.S. animated sitcom's executive producer.

"We're actually working on a script where a character will pass away," Jean told reporters in a conference call last week. "I'll give a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won't say who it is."

The Los Angeles Times said the hint doesn't give too much away since nearly every member of the core ensemble of voice-over performers has won an Emmy at some point during the course of the show.

Recommended Stories
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Next Story: Brant Daugherty robbed after 'Dancing with the Stars'
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
New York Fashion Week 2013 U.S. Open 2013 50th anniversary of the March on Washington
Celebrity families of 2013 MTV VMAs 2013 Style Awards
Additional TV Stories
Video
1 of 18
Obama visits Sandwich Shot in Washington, D.C.
View Caption
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden order take-out lunch at Taylor Gourmet on Pennsylvania Avenue, in Washington, D.C. on October 4, 2013. The reason he gave was they are starving and the establishment is giving a 10 percent discount to furloughed government workers as an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another. UPI/Pete Marovich/Pool
fark
Photoshop this off-course submarine
Don't have the heart to tell your bride and her parents that you forgot to book the hall for the...
Can we have a R.I.P. for the country's oldest Medal of Honor recipient? He was just a Bayonne guy...
Deputies searching for the two men who climbed through a McDonald's drive-thru and robble robbled...
Elementary school bans tag, children "running in packs"
For some reason, McDonald's drive-thru employees don't like it when you show up wearing no pants...