UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

TV

Bill Nye gets the boot on 'Dancing with the Stars'

  |
 
Bill Nye arrives on the red carpet at the Man Of Steel world premiere at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall in New York City on June 10, 2013. UPI/John Angelillo
Bill Nye arrives on the red carpet at the Man Of Steel world premiere at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall in New York City on June 10, 2013. UPI/John Angelillo 
License photo
Published: Sept. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 30 (UPI) -- TV personality Bill Nye "The Science Guy" was eliminated on "Dancing with the Stars" in Los Angeles Monday night.

"There's people working hard who are so good. I can't keep up with that," Nye said upon learning his fate, which was determined by a combination of points from the judges' panel as well as viewers' votes.

He thanked his fans for "keeping me in this long," as well as his professional dance partner, Tyne Stecklein, for her support and patience.

"It's been cool. It's been a great experience," Nye said.

Nye, 57, injured his knee when he fell while performing on the dance competition series last week, but he hit the dance floor Monday night before his elimination.

Still in the running for the coveted mirror-ball trophy are actresses Valerie Harper, Elizabeth Berkley, Leah Remini and Amber Riley, singer Christina Milian, "Jersey Shore" alum Snooki Polizzi, singer-actor Corbin Bleu, comedian Bill Engvall, actor Brant Daugherty and reality TV personality Jack Osbourne.

Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet are co-hosts of the show.

Topics: Bill Nye, Valerie Harper, Leah Remini, Jack Osbourne, Tom Bergeron, Brooke Burke
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Next Story: Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom spend anniversary apart
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
New York Fashion Week 2013 U.S. Open 2013 50th anniversary of the March on Washington
Celebrity families of 2013 MTV VMAs 2013 Style Awards
Additional TV Stories
Video
1 of 18
Obama visits Sandwich Shot in Washington, D.C.
View Caption
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden order take-out lunch at Taylor Gourmet on Pennsylvania Avenue, in Washington, D.C. on October 4, 2013. The reason he gave was they are starving and the establishment is giving a 10 percent discount to furloughed government workers as an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another. UPI/Pete Marovich/Pool
fark
Photoshop this off-course submarine
Don't have the heart to tell your bride and her parents that you forgot to book the hall for the...
Can we have a R.I.P. for the country's oldest Medal of Honor recipient? He was just a Bayonne guy...
Deputies searching for the two men who climbed through a McDonald's drive-thru and robble robbled...
Elementary school bans tag, children "running in packs"
For some reason, McDonald's drive-thru employees don't like it when you show up wearing no pants...