facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Jonathan Rhys Meyers doesn't believe 'Star Wars' buzz

Sept. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 16 (UPI) -- Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers says "Star Wars: Episode VII" director J.J. Abrams hasn't spoken to him about appearing in the sequel.

Since the project was announced, Meyers' name has been floated by the media and fans as a possible cast member, particularly because the actor and filmmaker previously collaborated on 2006's "Mission: Impossible III."

"Look, I've worked with J.J.," Rhys Meyers told EW.com about the "Star Wars" buzz. "But I don't believe rumors."

Should the "Match Point" and "The Tudors" star be offered a role, it would likely be playing a villain, not a hero, the entertainment industry news website said.

"I play bad guys because I look like one," Meyers said with a laugh. "There's something in my physicality that's quite intense and lends me to being feral. I mean, I'd love to be this lovely relaxed guy doing rom-coms, but I just don't get those types of offers. I suppose I'm forever sort of the anti-hero."

Meyers, 36, is to star in NBC's new series "Dracula," starting next month.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Molly Ringwald's daughter channels 'Sixteen Candles' character
2
Justin Bieber compares fender bender to Princess Diana's car crash
3
Uma Thurman addresses Quentin Tarantino dating rumors
4
Kanye West reveals his father was a paparazzo
5
Jenelle Evans balances 'Teen Mom 2' with homework
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback