facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Report: 'Glee' show will go on despite Cory Monteith's death

July 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, July 18 (UPI) -- The U.S. musical dramedy series "Glee" will continue despite the death of popular cast member Cory Monteith, TMZ reported.

Monteith died last Saturday of an accidental heroin and alcohol overdose in a Vancouver hotel room. He was 31.

TMZ said the writers of "Glee" held an emergency meeting Wednesday to discuss how to write Monteith's character Finn out of the story.

"'Glee' is definitely not canceled. If you look at the dollars and cents of the show and that it was very much an ensemble with new kids being added last year when some graduated. It's clear that the show wasn't about one character," a source told the celebrity news website. "The producers and writers are taking time to meet and figure out how to best address this situation in the context of 'Glee.' No decision has been reached about a script yet, as it's still early."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Jennifer Aniston surprised by Justin Theroux during photo shoot
2
Gisele Bundchen poses with her dog during beach vacation
3
Amy Winehouse's dad to release new album for charity
4
Jessica Alba covers Maxim in bikini, talks self-confidence
5
Kelly Osbourne faces $50K suit for dog poop-filled apartment
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback