UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

TV

Kirstie Alley mad at Leah Remini for leaving Scientology

  |
 
Leah Remini (R) and Angelo Pagan arrive for the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California on August 27, 2006. (UPI Photo/Jim Ruymen)
Leah Remini (R) and Angelo Pagan arrive for the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California on August 27, 2006. (UPI Photo/Jim Ruymen) 
License photo
Published: July 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

LOS ANGELES, July 15 (UPI) -- Kirstie Alley is angry with another U.S. actress, Leah Remini,for leaving the Church of Scientology, The Huffington Post reported.

Remini released a statement last week confirming she had left the church and thanking her friends for their support.

Although she didn't disclose her reasons for her departure, the New York Post said she had been interrogated and intimidated by church officials after questioning their practices.

Alley posted several Twitter messages, which appear to express her feelings about Remini's decision.

"When faced w malicious gossip I take a moment to experience the loss of the person I thought was my friend... Then I say [expletive] ..:) #RISE" Alley tweeted July 10.

She also tweeted, "the sweetest poison is often served with a smile...beware syrup."

"Our sources tell us that Alley worked the phones that day, raising a stink with the personnel at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre -- what were church officials going to do about Remini's defection?" Scientology journalist and former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega said in a blog posting about the day news broke that Remini was leaving the church. "A meeting was called for Alley and other celebrities to get a briefing from church executives about what was going on and what they planned to do about it."

Topics: Leah Remini, Kirstie Alley
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
New York Fashion Week 2013 U.S. Open 2013 50th anniversary of the March on Washington
Celebrity families of 2013 MTV VMAs 2013 Style Awards
Additional TV Stories
Video
1 of 18
Obama visits Sandwich Shot in Washington, D.C.
View Caption
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden order take-out lunch at Taylor Gourmet on Pennsylvania Avenue, in Washington, D.C. on October 4, 2013. The reason he gave was they are starving and the establishment is giving a 10 percent discount to furloughed government workers as an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another. UPI/Pete Marovich/Pool
fark
Photoshop this off-course submarine
Don't have the heart to tell your bride and her parents that you forgot to book the hall for the...
Can we have a R.I.P. for the country's oldest Medal of Honor recipient? He was just a Bayonne guy...
Deputies searching for the two men who climbed through a McDonald's drive-thru and robble robbled...
Elementary school bans tag, children "running in packs"
For some reason, McDonald's drive-thru employees don't like it when you show up wearing no pants...