facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Judge dismisses three lawsuits against Elmo puppeteer

July 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
NEW YORK, July 1 (UPI) -- A New York judge Monday dismissed lawsuits by three men who alleged they had sex with former "Sesame Street" puppeteer Kevin Clash when they were minors.

Clash, 52, resigned last November from Sesame Workshop amid the scandal.

U.S. District Judge John Koeltl ruled the claims were filed too late for him to consider, The Hollywood Reporter said.

New York state law stipulates this type of lawsuit must be filed within six years of the event or three years after a plaintiff turns 21.

The alleged victims said their relationships with Clash occurred in the 1990s and 2000s when they were in their early or mid teens.

Clash, who provided the voice of furry red monster Elmo on the children's program for more than 20 years, won three Daytime Emmy Awards for his work on "Sesame Street" last month.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Hayden Panettiere confirms pregnancy during ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
2
Spider-Woman #1 causes controversy with booty-centric cover art
3
Jill Duggar, husband Derick Dillard expecting first child
4
Steven Tyler releases song from 'Sin City' soundtrack
5
Sara Bareilles to sing during Emmys 'In Memoriam' Tribute to Robin Williams
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback