facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Two and a Half Men' renewed; deal in works for Jones

April 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM   |   Comments

HOLLYWOOD, April 27 (UPI) -- CBS renewed "Two and a Half Men" for an 11th season and plans to work out a deal for Angus T. Jones' character Jake to recur, The Hollywood Reporter said.

Jones had been vocal recently about his desire to attend college and had said he thought the comedy series was filthy. He also had expressed concern about the way in which his character was used in the 10th season, which saw Jake frequently appear via Skype after he enlisted in the military, The Hollywood Reporter said Friday.

CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler said she wants to see Jones continue in the series despite his criticisms about the show.

"He made his public apology and we've moved on," she said in January at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour.

"He's been a beloved member of that cast for years and years and years and he issued a public apology. At the end of the day, they want him back and he wants to come back. He's tabling next week and that's it and we move on," she added.

Topics: Nina Tassler
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Kelly Clarkson makes first post-baby appearance in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
2
Kari Byron, Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara depart 'MythBusters'
3
Jennifer Lopez declares she doesn't 'whore around'
4
George Clooney to marry Amal Alamuddin next month in Italy
5
Iggy Azalea: 'Call me Iggy or I will kill you'
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback