NEW YORK, Jan. 16 (UPI) -- David Letterman read a Golden Globe Awards-themed Top 10 list on "Late Show" the day after the prizes were handed out in Los Angeles.
He read "Things Overheard Backstage at the Golden Globes" on Monday's edition of his late-night chat program.
It went as follows --
10. "Only five hours to go."
9. "Why can't every winner be a lesbian?"
8. "Django, party of ten... Django, party of ten."
7. "What would Lincoln find worse – being assassinated or losing to Ben Affleck?"
6. "Really? Another film about salmon fishing in Yemen?"
5. "Of all the awards shows, this one is really the most fun."
4. "I just won, and I still couldn't care less about the Golden Globes."
3. "If you're the owner of a vintage fire engine, license plate L-E-N-O; your lights are on."
2. "Sofia Vergara just won for 'Best Globes.'"
1. "Keep Schwarzenegger away from the help."
|Additional TV Stories|
MALMO, Sweden, May 19 (UPI) --Denmark's Emmelie De Forest won the Eurovision Song Contest with her song "Only Teardrops" in Malmo, Sweden.
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y., May 19 (UPI) --A Hempstead, N.Y., police officer shot and killed a 21-year-old Hofstra University student while aiming for the man holding her hostage, officials said.
HIGHLAND BEACH, Fla., May 19 (UPI) --Police in Florida said they arrested a man twice within a 12-hour period, once for driving his car naked and a second time for allegedly stealing a motorcycle.