Letterman shared his "Reasons Your Film Wasn't Nominated for an Academy Award" roster on Thursday's edition of his late-night chat show.
It went as follows --
10. Your film stars Daniel Day-Lewis, but not that Daniel Day-Lewis.
9. It's entitled "Life of Pie."
8. Three-minute "movie" demonstrates safety procedures on JetBlue.
7. It's two hours of iPhone footage inadvertently recorded in your pocket.
6. Film was released "straight-to-dumpster."
5. It's two hours of Donald Trump demanding to see Lincoln's birth certificate.
4. Film was in French; subtitles also in French.
3. Tells the story of a vomiting robot.
2. Can hear crew laughing whenever anyone says "Hitchcock."
1. Ebert gave it two middle-fingers up.
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Tatiana Maslany to make her New York stage debut