NEW YORK, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- David Letterman read an Oscar-themed Top 10 list on "Late Show" in New York after Academy Award nominations were announced.
Letterman shared his "Reasons Your Film Wasn't Nominated for an Academy Award" roster on Thursday's edition of his late-night chat show.
It went as follows --
10. Your film stars Daniel Day-Lewis, but not that Daniel Day-Lewis.
9. It's entitled "Life of Pie."
8. Three-minute "movie" demonstrates safety procedures on JetBlue.
7. It's two hours of iPhone footage inadvertently recorded in your pocket.
6. Film was released "straight-to-dumpster."
5. It's two hours of Donald Trump demanding to see Lincoln's birth certificate.
4. Film was in French; subtitles also in French.
3. Tells the story of a vomiting robot.
2. Can hear crew laughing whenever anyone says "Hitchcock."
1. Ebert gave it two middle-fingers up.
|Additional TV Stories|
LOS ANGELES, May 18 (UPI) --A lawyer representing the estate of Michael Jackson's manager has emails the pop star's lawyers said could be key in the wrongful death trial against AEG Live.
NEWARK, N.J., May 18 (UPI) --A US Airways plane with 31 passengers aboard crash-landed at the Newark, N.J., airport early Saturday after its landing gear failed to deploy, officials said.
NEW YORK, May 18 (UPI) --Wall Street data distributor Bloomberg LP said it was taking steps to get ahead of damage that may erupt from revelations of a privacy breach at the company.
HADEERA, Israel, May 18 (UPI) --A hiker was hospitalized after a sheep attacked him Saturday on the Israel National Trail, authorities said.