NBC passes on 'Munsters' re-boot, 'Mockingbird Lane'

Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM
| License Photo

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 30 (UPI) -- Bryan Fuller, the writer-director-producer of "Mockingbird Lane," says NBC has not ordered a U.S. series based on his pilot for "The Munsters" re-boot.

"I tweet with a heavy heart. NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support," Fuller tweeted last week.

TVGuide.com said about 5.4 million viewers tuned in for the pilot for the monster family drama "Mockingbird Lane," which aired as a Halloween special in October. It starred Jerry O'Connell as Herman Munster, Portia de Rossi as his wife, Lily, and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
John Goodman shows off slim physique at 'Trumbo' screening
Bella Hadid and brother Anwar battle chronic Lyme disease, mother says
Jena Dewan shares topless photos taken by husband Channing Tatum
Celebrity airport style: What the famous wear when they travel
'Dancing With the Stars': Kim Zolciak to undergo heart surgery