NEW YORK, Nov. 1 (UPI) -- David Letterman read an emergency-themed Top 10 list on "Late Show" in New York, a city battered this week by superstorm Sandy.
The talk-show host read the satirical roster on Tuesday's edition of his program.
Letterman's Top 10 "Unnecessary 911 Calls" went as follows --
10. "I need to settle a bet about who played 'Potsie'"
9. "It feels like Wednesday, but it's only Tuesday"
8. "Can you get this jar open?"
7. "My telephone keeps making ringing sounds."
6. "First time, long time -- when are the Jets gonna start Tebow?"
5. "The delivery guy didn't bring soy sauce"
4. "My prostate is giving me fits"
3. "I've fallen and I can't ... Oh wait, I just got up"
2. "Viagra's lasted more than four hours."
1. "I'm losing the election to a guy named 'Mitt.'"
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden is to read Thursday night's Top 10 list. The topic has not been disclosed.
|Additional TV Stories|
LAS VEGAS, May 20 (UPI) --Teen pop star Justin Bieber was greeted by both cheers and jeers when he picked up the Milestone Award at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.
TAIPEI, Taiwan, May 20 (UPI) --An investigation into the killing by the Philippines coast guard of a Taiwanese fisherman is focusing on whether rules of engagement were broken.
TOKYO, May 19 (UPI) --The Nikkei index, maintaining its upward momentum, jumped past 15,300 points on the Tokyo Stock Exchange early Monday, its highest level in 65 months.