NEW YORK, Oct. 25 (UPI) -- David Letterman poked fun at election season on "Late Show" in New York by reading a Top 10 list called "Lame October Surprises."
He ticked off the roster on Wednesday's edition of his late-night chat show.
It went as follows --
9. Jimmy Carter's confession that he's cheated at Scrabble "in his heart."
8. John McCain accused of driving under the influence of soup.
6. Rumors suggesting Abraham Lincoln's hat concealed a "stovepipe head."
5. Democrats' claim Eisenhower wanted slogan "I lick Ike."
4. Walter Mondale tearfully acknowledging his hazelnut allergy.
3. Suggestion that Barack Obama has surgically enhanced ears.
2. Mitt Romney's investment in companies that order Chinese take-out.
1. Donald Trump offering $5 million to unearth anyone who still takes him seriously.
|Additional TV Stories|
LAS VEGAS, May 20 (UPI) --Teen pop star Justin Bieber was greeted by both cheers and jeers when he picked up the Milestone Award at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.
TAIPEI, Taiwan, May 20 (UPI) --An investigation into the killing by the Philippines coast guard of a Taiwanese fisherman is focusing on whether rules of engagement were broken.
TOKYO, May 19 (UPI) --The Nikkei index, maintaining its upward momentum, jumped past 15,300 points on the Tokyo Stock Exchange early Monday, its highest level in 65 months.