NEW YORK, Oct. 25 (UPI) -- David Letterman poked fun at election season on "Late Show" in New York by reading a Top 10 list called "Lame October Surprises."
He ticked off the roster on Wednesday's edition of his late-night chat show.
It went as follows --
9. Jimmy Carter's confession that he's cheated at Scrabble "in his heart."
8. John McCain accused of driving under the influence of soup.
6. Rumors suggesting Abraham Lincoln's hat concealed a "stovepipe head."
5. Democrats' claim Eisenhower wanted slogan "I lick Ike."
4. Walter Mondale tearfully acknowledging his hazelnut allergy.
3. Suggestion that Barack Obama has surgically enhanced ears.
2. Mitt Romney's investment in companies that order Chinese take-out.
1. Donald Trump offering $5 million to unearth anyone who still takes him seriously.
|Additional TV Stories|
REYKJAVIK, Iceland, June 19 (UPI) --Iceland's new prime minister this week cited the country's mackerel fishing dispute with the European Union as a prime example of the value of sovereignty.