Letterman read "President Obama Excuses" on Thursday's edition of the show.
It went as follows --
10. "I haven't slept an hour since 2008."
9. "Romney's hair is mesmerizing."
8. "Didn't want to wake Jim Lehrer."
7. "Haven't been the same since I quit smoking."
6. "Honestly, I thought the debate was next week."
5. "I live with my mother-in-law -- what do you want from me?"
4. "Kept blanking on what percentage of the country Mitt's written off."
3. "Skipped rehearsal, just like Letterman."
2. "Why don't you ask Bin Laden how I did?"
1. "It's Bush's fault."
|Additional TV Stories|
LAS VEGAS, May 20 (UPI) --Teen pop star Justin Bieber was greeted by both cheers and jeers when he picked up the Milestone Award at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas.
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif., May 20 (UPI) --A 10-year-old girl watching television was killed in a burst of gunshots fired at her family's North Highlands, Calif., home, police said.
SAN ANTONIO, May 20 (UPI) --BP has take "a significant step" toward selling a California oil refinery and regional retail networks to Tesoro Corp. after getting U.S. federal approval.