facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Irish newspaper publishes Middleton photos

Sept. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LONDON, Sept. 15 (UPI) -- The Irish Daily Star has published the topless photos of Catherine Middleton, which she and husband Prince William are suing a French magazine over.

The newspaper's editor, Mike O'Kane said the photographs of the duchess of Cambridge sunbathing in Provence, France, were not included in the Northern Ireland or British editions of the publication, the BBC reported.

The Italian magazine Chi said Saturday it plans to publish more photographs taken while the royal couple were sunbathing last month, CNN reported.

Chi belongs to the same Mondadori publishing group as Closer, the French magazine that first published the images of Catherine. Mondadori is owned by Silvio Berlusconi, the former Italian prime minister, Britain's The Daily Telegraph reported.

William and Catherine have sued Closer over publication of the photographs, saying in a statement the photographer invaded their privacy "in a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."

A statement from the management of Closer Saturday said the images "are in no case degrading."

"They show a young couple on vacation, beautiful, in love and modern, in their normal life. The article recounts the time the couple recently spent in southern France," it said.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Lindsay Lohan implies she handled Whitney Houston's body bag Lindsay Lohan implies she handled Whitney Houston's body bag
2
Kristin Cavallari shares photo illustration of her daily routine Kristin Cavallari shares photo illustration of her daily routine
3
Naya Rivera slammed in new song by ex-fiancé Big Sean Naya Rivera slammed in new song by ex-fiancé Big Sean
4
Matt Damon set to reprise "Jason Bourne" role Matt Damon set to reprise "Jason Bourne" role
5
Kanye West harassed 2 disabled concertgoers Kanye West harassed 2 disabled concertgoers
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback