facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Careless smoking caused Perry studio fire

Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
ATLANTA, Aug. 29 (UPI) -- Careless smoking caused this week's fire on the roof of a building at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, authorities said.

Atlanta Fire Department spokeswoman Marian McDaniel confirmed the cause of Monday's blaze to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

McDaniel told the newspaper the building, which was undergoing repairs, did not sustain any structural damage, and said no injuries were reported.

No criminal charges were pending.

The exterior of a building in the 30-acre complex was heavily damaged by fire in May, as well. It was unclear whether both incidents happened at the same building.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Jackie Chan's son Jaycee formally arrested on drug charges Jackie Chan's son Jaycee formally arrested on drug charges
2
Judi Dench says Benedict Cumberbatch is 'a true gentleman' Judi Dench says Benedict Cumberbatch is 'a true gentleman'
3
Kaley Cuoco on celebrity nude photo leak: 'You've gotta make fun of yourself' Kaley Cuoco on celebrity nude photo leak: 'You've gotta make fun of yourself'
4
Jennifer Lawrence the guest of honor at Coldplay show in LA Jennifer Lawrence the guest of honor at Coldplay show in LA
5
Gerard Depardieu hangs out with dictators and can't drink less than 14 bottles of wine per day Gerard Depardieu hangs out with dictators and can't drink less than 14 bottles of wine per day
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback