facebook
twitter
search
search

Springfield pleads no contest to reckless driving

Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM
| License Photo

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 10 (UPI) -- Singer Rick Springfield has been placed on three years' probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving in Malibu, Calif., last year, officials said.

Springfield, 62, was charged with driving under the influence after police said they detected the smell of alcohol when they pulled him over while he was driving his 1963 Corvette Stingray.

TMZ said he made a plea deal with prosecutors Thursday in which they agreed to drop the charge in exchange for a no-contest plea to reckless driving.

In addition to being placed on probation, the former "General Hospital" star was ordered to attend a two-month traffic program.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Prince William and Kate Middleton's daughter Princess Charlotte has been christened
USA Network renews 'Suits' for a sixth season
Michael Douglas' mother Diana Douglas Webster dead at 92
Watch Kate Hudson sing 'The Star-Spangled Banner' for the 4th of July
David Walliams and Jessica Raine to star in 'Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime' series