Obama listed "Fun Facts About Gardening" on Tuesday night's edition of the program.
It read as follows --
10. Gardening was invented in 1822 by Albert Gardener.
9. Plant avocado, tomato, onions and cilantro together -- grow a guacamole tree.
8. Eggplants were originally cultivated for use as doorstops.
7. In his lifetime, the average American will eat half a radish.
6. The largest zucchini ever grown contained a Starbucks.
5. Later this year, the Supreme Court will finally rule on "tomato" vs. "tomahto."
4. If you have an actual green thumb, it might be scurvy.
3. Lettuce is 96 percent water and 4 percent lettuce.
2. The White House tool shed contains shovels, trowels and Weed Whacker One.
1. With enough care and effort, you can grow your own Barack-oli. (Holds up a large head of "broccoli" fashioned to look like the face of President Obama.)
|Additional TV Stories|
JAKARTA, May 25 (UPI) --South Korean pop star Psy will perform in Indonesia at a concert celebrating diplomatic ties between the two countries, his management agency said Saturday.
LONDON, May 25 (UPI) --Three more suspects were arrested Saturday evening in the hacking death of a British soldier in London.
WASHINGTON, May 26 (UPI) --In the U.S. non-federal sector, older workers are more likely than younger counterparts to report being able to put their best skills to use, a survey says.