Blagojevich also was fined $20,000 for corruption.
He was convicted of strong-arming hospital and racetrack executives for $125,000 in campaign contributions, and offering the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama when he became president to Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. in exchange for $1.5 million in fundraising help.
Letterman read "Messages Left on Rod Blagojevich's Answering Machine" on Wednesday's edition of "Late Show."
It read as follows --
10. "Hey, it's Conrad Murray. 14 years? I didn't get that for murder."
9. "This is your hairstylist. Make sure to condition after each delousing."
8. "Do you want the cell closer to the espresso machine or Jacuzzi?"
7. "Congratulations. I heard you're going to Vail! Wait, oh, nevermind."
6. "Hey, it's your cellmate. Do you like the top or the bottom?"
5. "Oh sorry, I must have the wrong number. I was trying to reach Todd Blagojevich."
4. "Hey, it's Dave. Tonight's Top 10 List is about you. Nice work."
3. "It's 2011, why do you still have an answering machine?"
2. "This is President Obama. I'm granting you a full pardon. No, I'm just screwing with you."
1. "It's the warden, the inmates are asking how much you want for your seat."