CBS shelves short-lived sitcom 'Gentleman'

Oct. 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM

NEW YORK, Oct. 9 (UPI) -- CBS has shut down production of the sitcom "How to Be a Gentleman" amid a ratings slump that began as soon as it debuted last month.

The Hollywood Reporter said the network planned to run out the clock with the remaining seven episodes airing Saturday night after "Two and a Half Men" reruns.

"Gentleman" stars David Hornsby, Kevin Dillon and Mary Lynn Rajskub and centers on the relationship between a newspaper columnist and his personal trainer.

The show premiered Sept. 29 after "The Big Bang Theory" but fared poorly in the 18-49 year demographic when compared to its 2010 predecessor "$#*! My Dad Says," the Reporter said. The numbers never recovered and "Rules of Engagement" will be moved into the Thursday time slot.

Related UPI Stories
Topics: Kevin Dillon
Latest Headlines
Trending News
Johnny Depp 'worried' by daughter Lily-Rose's growing fame
Britney Spears surprises Kate Hudson at her game night
Geena Davis to play Jon Hamm's daughter in sci-fi film
YouTube star Caleb Logan Bratayley dead at 13
Amber Rose publicly forgives exes Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa