CBS and Warner Bros. announced last week they were halting production on the sitcom indefinitely after Sheen gave a rambling radio interview during which he repeatedly slammed show co-creator Chuck Lorre and talked up his own importance.
Sheen has long battled addictions to drugs and alcohol, and his TV show was on hiatus when the actor gave his scathing radio interview. Until then, the show had been scheduled to resume production this week.
The Hollywood Reporter said Sheen apologized on ABC's "20/20" in an interview to air in its entirety Tuesday for using Lorre's Hebrew name in last week's radio tirade. The remark was viewed by some as anti-Semitic.
"Sorry if I offended you," Sheen told Lorre via ABC News. "Didn't know you were so sensitive. I thought after you wailing on me for eight years, I could take a few shots back."
The Reporter said Sheen told ABC he plans to sue CBS and Warner Bros. for $300 million because, he insists, he is ready to get back to work as per his contract and they have ended the show for the season.
"Wouldn't you (sue?)" Sheen asked during the interview. "I'm out of a job. I got a whole family to support. ... I'm here to collect. They're going to lose. I would recommend they pay the crew and get the season back on board."
Stan Rosenfield announced Monday he has resigned as Sheen's publicist.
"I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much," Rosenfield said in a statement issued to People.com. "However, at this time, I'm unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully declined."
Sheen addressed Rosenfield's quitting in a chat with TMZ Monday.
"He's not allowed to quit, so you're fired," Sheen told Rosenfield, who also represents actor George Clooney and Kelsey Grammer.
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]