LOS ANGELES, Nov. 12 (UPI) -- Former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean started to walk out on CNN's "Larry King Live" after telling King he was being "inappropriate" but did not leave.
Prejean, who is promoting a book about her experience losing the Miss California USA crown, told King she takes full responsibility for the sex video that surfaced last week, leading her to settle a lawsuit against pageant officials. However, when King asked her why she settled, she refused to answer, saying terms of the settlement are confidential.
King insisted he was not asking about terms of the settlement but about her reasons for settling instead of fighting for her principles.
"I think that you are being extremely inappropriate right now, and I'm about to leave your show," she said.
When King took a phone call from a viewer Prejean removed her microphone and after a brief period of confusion the show went to a commercial break.
After the break, Prejean was again wearing the microphone and explained to King that his show had agreed with her publicist there would be no phone calls from viewers. The interview continued after King said he had not been aware of that and apologized.
Asked what lessons she learned from losing the Miss California USA crown and then having the sex video surface, Prejean said: "Never do anything that you wouldn't want your biggest fans to see. You can definitely learn from my mistakes."