NASHVILLE, Feb. 25 (UPI) --
Singer Loretta Lynn
suffered minor burns on her hands while extinguishing a small fire at her Hurricane Mills, Tenn., home, the [Nashville] Tennessean said.
Lynn, 81, was slightly injured while using pillows to put out flames after a candle fell onto a chair Tuesday morning.
The newspaper said the fire occurred at Lynn's personal home, not at the antebellum house that serves as a tourist attraction.
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.