facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Brightman's trip to space could be on hold

March 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM   |   Comments

| License Photo
MOSCOW, March 16 (UPI) -- Russian and U.S. space agencies said they may not send British singer Sarah Brightman to the International Space Station as was previously planned.

Brightman announced her trip to outer space in August, saying she planned to stay eight days at the ISS in 2015, RIA Novosti reported Saturday.

Roscosmos head Vladimir Popovkin said that plan could be off the table because the Russian space agency is considering extending to flight from eight days to one month.

In that case, he said, Brightman would have to give up her seat to a professional.

"If it's a monthly shift, then it will be staff cosmonauts and astronauts who will be performing some short-term scientific research," Popovkin said.

He did not say whether Brightman's trip would be rescheduled or who her replacement would be.

If she makes the trip, the soprano would be the world's eighth civilian space tourist, RIA Novosti reported.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
Jennifer Aniston surprised by Justin Theroux during photo shoot
2
Gisele Bundchen poses with her dog during beach vacation
3
Beyonce Knowles shares family photo amid divorce rumors
4
Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Martin Sheen to appear in 'Love Letters' on Broadway
5
Jessica Alba covers Maxim in bikini, talks self-confidence
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback