LONDON, Jan. 8 (UPI) -- A second inquest into Amy Winehouse's death has confirmed the British singer died of alcohol poisoning, London officials said.
Winehouse, 27, died at her home in 2011 after years of drug and alcohol abuse.
A deputy coroner initially recorded the cause of her death as misadventure by alcohol toxicity, but a second inquest was ordered after it was discovered the official didn't have the right qualifications to make the determination. She has since stepped down from the position.
The second inquest backed up the initial findings, however, the BBC said Monday.
Winehouse had five times the legal driving limit of alcohol in her system when she died.