facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Silence! The Musical' performances to resume Jan. 18

Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM   |   Comments

NEW YORK, Dec. 25 (UPI) -- New York's "Silence! The Musical," which was to have ended its run next Sunday, will instead go on a brief hiatus and resume performances Jan. 18.

The show is a parody of the Oscar-winning thriller, "The Silence of the Lambs."

Producers said after they announced the musical's closing, "ticket sales have unexpectedly soared, shattering all previous box office records for the show so far."

An open-ended extension has been announced to accommodate the demand.

Originally announced as a strictly limited engagement through Aug. 13, 2011, "Silence! was extended numerous times and transferred theaters twice, ultimately landing at the new Elektra Theatre in the heart of Times Square.

The current cast of the show includes David Ayers, Pamela Bob, Harry Bouvy, Ashlee Dupre, Natalie Joy Johnson, Howard Kaye, James Moye, Topher Nuccio, Ronica V. Reddick, Sam Rogers, Kimberly Stern, and Doug Trapp.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Hayden Panettiere confirms pregnancy during ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
2
Sandra Bullock to star in 'Our Brand is Crisis'
3
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon reportedly separated, will divorce
4
Mickey Rourke vital to 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,' says Frank Miller
5
'Real Housewives of Atlanta' adds two to cast
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback