UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

Beyonce drops out of 'Star is Born'

|
 
Beyonce arrives on the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York City on May 7, 2012. UPI/ John Angelillo
Beyonce arrives on the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York City on May 7, 2012. UPI/ John Angelillo 
License photo
Published: Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 10 (UPI) -- U.S. pop star Beyonce says her busy schedule forced her to drop out of filmmaker Clint Eastwood's planned remake of "A Star is Born."

Eastwood recently said he planned to begin work on the movie musical in about six months, but Beyonce said Tuesday other work commitments are preventing her from starring in the picture.

"I was looking forward to the production of 'A Star is Born' and the opportunity to work with Clint Eastwood," she told E! News. "For months we tried to coordinate our schedules to bring this remake to life but it was just not possible. Hopefully in the future we will get a chance to work together."

The Grammy Award winner gave birth to her first child, a daughter last year. She has previously appeared in the music-themed movies "Cadillac Records" and "Dreamgirls."

Topics: Clint Eastwood
Recommended Stories
© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
Immigration rally in Washington, D.C. MTV Movie Awards Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C.
Miss NY USA crowns ASPCA King and Queen Academy of American Country Music Awards 2013: Celebrity break ups and divorces
Additional Music Stories
1 of 19
Arias Is Found Guilty of Murder in Arizona
View Caption
Jodi Arias (R) reacts as she hears the verdict of guilty of first degree murder after a four month trial in Phoenix, Arizona, May 8, 2013. Arias was convicted of murdering her lover Travis Alexander in Tempe, Arizona in June of 2008. UPI// Rob Schumacher/Arizona Republic/Pool
fark
Today's FARK ready headline: Judge to 'Charlie Brown' voice actor: 'Don't be a blockhead'
"Only a fool would use Google Glass to spy on people." Well, only idiots would wear them
Vatican declares Mexican Death Saint blasphemous. That's so metallum
ATTN California Farkers: Farker's friend's husband was killed in a hit and run in Arcadia. Farker...
Photoshop this high wire worker
So apparently there is this game called Kickstarter chicken