facebook
twitter
search
search

Take That's Williams goes solo again

Oct. 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM
| License Photo

LONDON, Oct. 22 (UPI) -- Robbie Williams says he is quitting the reconstituted British band Take That again after taking part in their reunion tour earlier this year.

Williams reportedly banked about $16 million on the European tour and plans to return to his solo career with a new record label and an album in the works, Britain's Daily Mail said Saturday.

The newspaper said it remains to be seen if Williams' most-recent stint with Take That would revitalize the 37-year-old singer's solo career. His two solo albums for EMI were panned by some critics and never generated the sales Take That enjoyed in the 1990s.

Williams is making a fresh start with Universal Music and will release a new album next year. The Telegraph said there are rumors the new project will be produced by Take That band mate Gary Barlow.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Kate Gosselin celebrates sextuplets' 11th birthday
Sean Penn and Minka Kelly spotted on dinner date
Jennifer Lawrence and Gwyneth Paltrow may become neighbors
Miley Cyrus says she's proud of coming out
Facebook makes surprise change in its logo