account
search
search

Tom Jones experiences 'heart scare'

  |   Aug. 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM
| License Photo
MONTE CARLO, Monaco, Aug. 28 (UPI) -- Singer Tom Jones was taken to a hospital in Monte Carlo with an apparent heart problem, the producer of a weekend concert that was canceled said.

David King announced the cancellation of Saturday's show at The Sporting Club via Twitter, saying Jones, 71, had suffered "a heart scare."

The West Australian said Sunday hospital officials in Monte Carlo would not confirm Jones had been treated.

The Sporting Club told the newspaper they had been informed the concert was being canceled because Jones had been taken to the hospital.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback