facebook
twitter
search
search

Sting's December Sydney concert canceled

June 8, 2010 at 10:23 PM
| License Photo

SYDNEY, June 8 (UPI) -- A proposed holiday concert in Sydney in December, to be headlined by Sting and attended by 80,000 fans, has been canceled, officials said.

Kevin Greene, New South Wales minister for sport and recreation, called off the New Year's Eve event because the area will be ''already at capacity'' Dec. 31, The Sydney Morning Herald said. The concert had been organized by Ian Macdonald, Greene's predecessor.

''I'm really pleased that common sense has prevailed and that the concert will not be proceeding,'' Member of Parliament Verity Firth, who opposed the show, told the newspaper.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Nicola Griffin to appear in Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue at 56
Elizabeth Hurley still 'best friends' with Hugh Grant
5 TV favorites revived by streaming services
Will Smith raised his children to express themselves
Ashley Benson: I'm told to lose weight 'all the time'