NEW YORK, March 30 (UPI) -- Adam Driver is looking forward to starting work on Star Wars: Episode VIII.
The 32-year-old actor gave an update on the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sequel to Entertainment Weekly at a New York screening of his latest movie, Midnight Special.
"They're still at war. It's still Star Wars. They're not at peace," Driver joked.
The Girls star debuted as Han Solo's (Harrison Ford) villainous son Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens and will reprise the character in Episode VIII. The former was directed by J.J. Abrams, while Episode VIII will be helmed by Rian Johnson.
"Their temperaments are different," Driver said of the directors. "I feel like there were so many moving pieces in the first one -- just trying to solve it and set the vocabulary for what it was. There's a lot of that anxiety gone, because people have developed a language."
"I think it's more of a testament to Rian coming into something very established and making it [his own]," he explained. "I can't wait to get on set, just because he's so unassuming and intelligent and approachable. The script they've come up with is really great."
The Force Awakens co-starred Daisy Ridley as Rey, with John Boyega as Finn and Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. The trio of characters will figure heavily in Episode VIII with Kylo Ren, whom Driver previously suggested isn't evil.
"When they think of their actions as morally justified it makes them dangerous and unpredictable," the actor told Empire. "There's no level they won't go to to accomplish what they're after. I never thought of the character as an evil person."
Star Wars: Episode VIII opens in theaters Dec. 15, 2017. Driver will next star in Midnight Special with Michael Shannon and is also slated for Silence with Liam Neeson and Paterson with Golshifteh Farahani.