facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Paul Walker to be written out of 'Fast & Furious 7,' not killed

Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
HOLLYWOOD, Jan. 4 (UPI) -- Universal Pictures plans to retire actor Paul Walker's character in the "Fast and Furious" franchise, but not kill him off, sources told the Hollywood Reporter.

The studio decided to move forward with "Fast & Furious 7," despite Walker's death in a Nov. 30 car crash, about halfway through the film's shoot.

Producers moved back the release date of the film by eight months -- to April 10, 2015 -- allowing time to tweak the dialogue and story line to be able to write out Walker's character, Brian O'Conner.

Sources close to the production told the Hollywood Reporter director James Wan, writer Chris Morgan and lead executive Jeffrey Kirschenbaum pored over footage that had already been shot to devise a way to use the footage already shot of Walker.

New scenes will need to be written and shot for the plan to move forward, the source said.

Topics: Paul Walker
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Anna Kendrick targeted in new photo leak Anna Kendrick targeted in new photo leak
2
Gerard Butler cozies up to mystery woman in Malibu Gerard Butler cozies up to mystery woman in Malibu
3
Jennifer Hudson opens up about new toned physique: 'It was a goal' Jennifer Hudson opens up about new toned physique: 'It was a goal'
4
Nick Cannon 'has no part' in Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa's divorce Nick Cannon 'has no part' in Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa's divorce
5
Justin Bieber getting 'back to work' after 2-year hiatus Justin Bieber getting 'back to work' after 2-year hiatus
Trending News
x
Feedback