facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Ford considering playing Han Solo again

Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 6 (UPI) -- Hollywood film icon Harrison Ford would consider reprising his role of Han Solo in a new "Star Wars" film if asked, sources told EW.com.

A new trilogy of "Star Wars" sequels was announced last week. The first film is expected to hit theaters in 2015.

"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it; all three of them are," an insider told the entertainment industry news website, referring to original "Star Wars" veterans Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

After appearing in the "Star Wars" hits in the 1970s and '80s, Ford went on to headline the blockbusters "The Fugitive," "Air Force One," "Working Girl," "Clear and Present Danger," "Presumed Innocent" and "Blade Runner," as well as four "Indiana Jones" movies.

EW.com said Ford, now 70, isn't expected to enter contract talks for another "Star Wars" movie until there is a script and director.

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $4 billion.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
'Fifty Shades of Grey' director's home raided by police
2
Al Pacino rules Venice Film Festival on Saturday
3
Kate Beckinsale joined by Lucas Till in 'The Disappointments Room'
4
Vicki Gunvalson explains what gay looks like to her
5
Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga perform homage to Queen
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback