account
search
search

Report: Huffing nitrous oxide sent Demi to hospital

  |   Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 of 3
| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 26 (UPI) -- Demi Moore went to the hospital this week after she suffered a bad reaction while inhaling nitrous oxide, sources close to the U.S. actress told TMZ.

Media reports Monday said Moore, 49, was rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital and treated for an undisclosed illness.

Her publicist Tuesday issued a statement saying she was seeking treatment for exhaustion and would not be playing a supporting role in "Lovelace" as planned.

TMZ said late Wednesday Moore's friends called paramedics Monday night because they believed the "A Few Good Men," "Ghost" and "About Last Night" actress inhaled a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide while "doing whip-its" and appeared to be having a seizure.

"Whip-it" is a slang name for a type of inexpensive nitrous oxide inhalant found in small metal canisters used for recharging whipping cream cans. It is most commonly abused by youths.

Moore and actor Ashton Kutcher announced in November they were ending their six-year marriage.

Related UPI Stories
© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback