LOS ANGELES, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Mark Wahlberg acknowledges his recent remarks about how he thinks he would have acted during the 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States were "insensitive."
The star of "Contraband" and "The Departed" told Men's Journal he had been scheduled to fly on one of the planes that were hijacked and crashed into New York's World Trade Center.
"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry,'" he told the magazine.
After he was criticized for the comments, the actor promptly clarified them, insisting he meant no disrespect to those who died in the terror attacks or their families, the Los Angeles Times reported.
"I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention," he told TMZ. "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."