facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

New 'Star Trek' ready for blast off

Jan. 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM   |   Comments

CULVER CITY, Calif., Jan. 14 (UPI) -- Cast members of the next "Star Trek" movie say the momentum for the project is beginning to build now that director J.J. Abrams has cleared his decks.

Abrams and the rest of the crew from the most-recent "Star Trek," led by Chris Pine, got together this week near Los Angeles to get re-acquainted, and start the process of learning their lines and getting wardrobes together.

Principal photography recently began on the new film, which had been scheduled for release this year but was moved to 2013 due to Abrams' commitment to last year's "Super 8," the Los Angeles Times said.

Bruce Greenwood, who plays Capt. Christopher Pike, told the Times the get-together at a coffee shop at the Sony lot in Culver City was filled with handshakes and back slaps and an overall eagerness to get back to work.

Greenwood said the success of the last picture both at the box office and on the sound stage was a rarity that no one wanted to miss out on. "Usually when you work on a job and you love the experience, it's rare that the [actual] film matches the experience," he said. "You get one or the other but this was one of the few where it was all there. It was just great."

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback