facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Sin City' sequel in the works

Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM   |   Comments

1 of 3
| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are collaborating with writer William Monahan on a sequel to their hit film "Sin City," The Hollywood Reporter said.

Rodriguez co-directed the 2005 movie with Miller, who also penned the screenplay, based on his graphic novel. The cast of the original film included Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy, Carla Gugino, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Hartnett.

Monahan, who won an Oscar for writing the script for 2006's "The Departed," is polishing a "Sin City 2" draft recently written by Miller, the entertainment industry trade newspaper reported, cited unnamed sources close to the project.

Rodriguez said last month at Comic-Con in San Diego that financing for the sequel had been secured and shooting would begin as soon as a screenplay was finished.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Molly Ringwald's daughter channels 'Sixteen Candles' character
2
Neil Young files for divorce from wife of 36 years
3
Jennifer Aniston takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with help from Justin Theroux
4
Chelsea Handler signs off late night show with star-packed finale
5
Katie Holmes buys new $3.8 million home in California
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback