facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Sin City' sequel in the works

Aug. 30, 2011 at 9:41 PM   |   Comments

1 of 3
| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 30 (UPI) -- Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller are collaborating with writer William Monahan on a sequel to their hit film "Sin City," The Hollywood Reporter said.

Rodriguez co-directed the 2005 movie with Miller, who also penned the screenplay, based on his graphic novel. The cast of the original film included Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Jessica Alba, Brittany Murphy, Carla Gugino, Benicio Del Toro and Josh Hartnett.

Monahan, who won an Oscar for writing the script for 2006's "The Departed," is polishing a "Sin City 2" draft recently written by Miller, the entertainment industry trade newspaper reported, cited unnamed sources close to the project.

Rodriguez said last month at Comic-Con in San Diego that financing for the sequel had been secured and shooting would begin as soon as a screenplay was finished.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Jillian Michaels reveals she was fired from 'Biggest Loser' Jillian Michaels reveals she was fired from 'Biggest Loser'
2
Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevingne march at Chanel's feminist rally Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Cara Delevingne march at Chanel's feminist rally
3
'The Hollow Crown' releases photo of Benedict Cumberbatch as Richard III 'The Hollow Crown' releases photo of Benedict Cumberbatch as Richard III
4
Quentin Tarantino to shoot 'The Hateful Eight' in Colorado Quentin Tarantino to shoot 'The Hateful Eight' in Colorado
5
Michele Williams selling Brooklyn home she purchased with Heath Ledger Michele Williams selling Brooklyn home she purchased with Heath Ledger
Trending News
x
Feedback