facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Stallone's "Bullet to the Head" to film in New Orleans

June 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
BURBANK, Calif., June 14 (UPI) -- Sylvester Stallone's next action picture is to begin shooting in New Orleans this month, Dark Castle Entertainment, IM Global and After Dark Films said.

Walter Hill is to direct the movie, which will be distributed domestically by Warner Bros. Pictures under its ongoing arrangement with Dark Castle.

Based on the graphic novel "Bullet to the Head," it tells the story of a New Orleans hitman and a New York City police officer who form an alliance to bring down the killers of their respective partners.

Joel Silver, chairman of Dark Castle Entertainment, previously produced the Stallone films "Demolition Man" and "Assassins."

"Sylvester Stallone is an iconic action star the world over and I'm thrilled to be working with him again," Silver said in a statement. "I look forward to joining with IM Global and After Dark in bringing this exciting new story to the screen."

Silver's previous creative collaborations with Hill include the movies "48 Hours" and "Warriors," as well as HBO's long-running "Tales from the Crypt" series.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
Jennifer Aniston surprised by Justin Theroux during photo shoot
2
Gisele Bundchen poses with her dog during beach vacation
3
Beyonce Knowles shares family photo amid divorce rumors
4
Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Martin Sheen to appear in 'Love Letters' on Broadway
5
Jessica Alba covers Maxim in bikini, talks self-confidence
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback