facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Lohan pleads no contest to theft

May 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, May 11 (UPI) -- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer entered a no-contest plea to misdemeanor theft on the actress' behalf Wednesday, Los Angeles court records show.

Lohan, 24, was charged with stealing a $2,500 necklace from a boutique. The judge overseeing the case last month sentenced the "Mean Girls" and "Freaky Friday" star to 120 days in jail for violating her probation for a previous drunken driving conviction by getting arrested again.

Judge Stephanie Sautner Wednesday decided she will let the120-day jail sentence stand and not pile on additional jail time. The actress is expected to serve about two weeks under house arrest due to jail overcrowding, E! News said.

"I am glad to be able to put this past me and move on with my life and my career. I support the judge's decision and hold myself accountable for being in this situation," Lohan said in a statement.

"I have already started my community service at the Downtown Women's Center and thank everyone there for their warm welcome," she added. "I hope to be able to fulfill my obligation without any press attention. I think the media spotlight should be on issues such as homelessness and domestic violence instead of on me."

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended Stories
Most Popular
1
Jennifer Aniston surprised by Justin Theroux during photo shoot
2
Gisele Bundchen poses with her dog during beach vacation
3
Jessica Alba covers Maxim in bikini, talks self-confidence
4
Amy Winehouse's dad to release new album for charity
5
Beyonce Knowles shares family photo amid divorce rumors
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback