facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Brody suing 'Giallo' producers for pay

Oct. 20, 2010 at 9:37 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Actor Adrien Brody is suing the producers of "Giallo," a horror movie he shot two years ago in Italy, claiming they owe him $640,000, court record show.

Martin Barab, a lawyer for Hannibal Pictures, one of the defendants named in the suit, told CNN Brody has been paid $960,000 for his work, but is still owed the rest of his $1.5 million fee.

The lawsuit, filed in federal court in California, alleges funding for the project fell through and Brody's renegotiated contract "expressly granted the absolute right to withhold consent to the use of his likeness in the picture until he was paid the full amount of the $640,000 that he deferred," CNN said.

Barab has countered that Brody's agreement also specified his paycheck would come from the sale of the Italian distribution rights to the film and when that deal fell apart all parties involved lost out.

"He's not the only one who didn't get his money," Barab said.

The movie was released directly to DVD last month.

Brody is best known for his films "The Pianist," "King Kong" and "Summer of Sam."

Topics: Adrien Brody
© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Paula Patton makes first public appearance since Robin Thicke split
2
Kyra Sedgwick is Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch in new 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' promo
3
Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade to have wedding guests sign confidentiality agreements
4
Meg Ryan buys Hank Azaria's loft in Soho for $8 million
5
Kylie Minogue says her butt doesn't compare to Nicki Minaj's
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback